Join Team HGF
join us today
the right place for you
Current job opportunities
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Communication Coordinator will be responsible for streamlining communication efforts related to Heart of a Giant’s events and will assist with social media, event promotion, and coordination of online and print communication efforts. The Communication Coordinator will work closely with other team members such as Outreach Coordinators, Social Media Coordinator, and program team members to ensure smooth and effective implementation of all event-related communication efforts.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the promotion of events through social media, print, and online channels
- Participate in creating and editing engaging and compelling content for social media, emails, newsletters, and other marketing materials
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials for events, including flyers, posters, and brochures
- Assist in the development and distribution of monthly newsletters, fundraising campaigns, and other external communications
- Collaborate with Outreach Coordinators, Social Media Coordinator, and program team members to help ensure consistent messaging across communication channels
- Maintain positive relationships with sponsors, vendors, and media outlets
- Perform other communications tasks as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-3 years of experience in a communications or marketing role; community organizer experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong editing skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms and tools, video and graphic editing, and audio/visual equipment
- Ability to be a storyteller who can combine data with strong narratives
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to work with people across a diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- A commitment to health and racial equity
- Must be able to travel to and attend off-site meetings and events
This part-time position is funded through a grant with a projected end date of 31 December 2023, with a possibility for extension. The work schedule will initially be 6-10 hours per week with an hourly rate of $30.00 – $40.00.
Heart of a Giant Foundation (HGF) offers competitive pay rates and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team that empowers, motivates, and educates.
About Heart of a Giant Foundation
HGF is improving health outcomes for chronic heart disease patients and their support systems through better health education and greater community involvement.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, HGF aims to create an inclusive workplace that values each member of its team.