Sign Up to the Heart Healthy Communities Program [Free]
Do you want to control your blood pressure and improve your health?
At the Heart of a Giant Foundation, we are on a mission to help people with hypertension or pre-hypertension improve their health outcomes.
We do this by offering clinical care, health education, and lifestyle support through the Healthy Hearts Communities Program. The program will pilot in the greater Boston area in 2022, starting in Dorchester, Mattapan, Brockton, and their surrounding areas.
As a 2HC participant, you will receive:
- Health education about preventing and managing hypertension
- Support from a nurse, health coach, and nutritionist
- Regular healthy cooking classes and help with obtaining nutritious meals
- Self-check fitness devices (blood pressure, fitness)
- Individual and group activities to increase physical activity and promote healthy nutrition
- Community support by other participants who are also on a journey to improve their quality of life, sense of belonging, and mental health
- Mental health support, including referrals if needed